Definition - What does Rig Data mean?
Rig Data is an organization that is a reliable and trusted source of information pertaining to the drilling activities of oil and gas wells in the United States, Gulf of Mexico and Canada. It collects and publishes data on drilling rig locations, total rig counts, new permits to drill and overall oil and gas drilling activity.
Petropedia explains Rig Data
Most of the Professionals working in the oil and gas industry particularly in the upstream Sector depend on Rig Data reports for the precise information on the current drilling locations, rig counts, available rigs, etc., for effective decision making. The reports published by Rig Data Organization helps in simplifying the decision making process.
Rig Data as an organization provides information on the following:
- Onshore Drilling Location and Operators
- Rigs and Drillers
- Drilling Permits
- Rig Counts
- Permit Counts
- Well Counts
- Driller and Operator Rankings
- Offshore drilling locations and at a glance information on the Area, Lease Names, Rig owner and Operator
- Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC)
- Transocean Rigs Drilling Rig Contractor
- International Organization For Standardization (ISO)
- American Petroleum Institute (API)
- American Association of Petroleum Geologists (AAPG)
- Deep Well Drilling
- Mobile Offshore Drilling Unit (MODU)
- Drilling Unit
Unlocking Unconventional Energy Potential Through Hydraulic Fracturing